(Last updated: May 1, 2021)
Wicell network. (hereinafter “we”, “we”, “our” and “Wicell”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights to your information, including how to access and update it.
Your privacy is important to us, so whether you are new to our products and services or a long-time user, please take the time to learn about our activities. us - and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
- Who collects your data
Wicell Networks is the legal entity responsible for any personal information collected on this website and through your use of our services. To comply with applicable laws worldwide, in GDPR parlance, Wicell Networks. is the "controller" of personal information.
- What data do we collect?
- (a) Information you agree to provide to us.
Some of our Services may present forms to you to request certain information, such as your name, company name, job title, email, phone number, country of residence and/ or your address.
- (b) Information from you when using our Services.
We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, and we may store this information in log files or other types of files associated with your account and contact you. link that information with other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the Service. This type of information helps us improve our Services for you and for our other users.
What is an IP address? Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number called an Internet protocol (IP) address. Therefore, IP addresses can often be used to determine the general location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Why and how we use personal information
We may only use personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) To provide our Services to you.
We may use your personal information to contact you about your account or to troubleshoot problems with your account. For example, we may use that information to process your order and request for product samples, process product registration and warranty claims, or notify you of updates. software and in the unlikely event a safe recall.
- (b) To promote our products or Services to you.
We will only send you marketing emails if you subscribe to our marketing newsletter. You can remove yourself from our mailing list by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in each marketing email or by contacting us.
- (c) To send you alert messages.
We may notify you of a security breach regarding your personal information.
- How to control your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our use of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
You have the right to:
- give or withdraw your consent for us to collect and use your information
- to know what personal information we maintain about you
- to request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
- to ask us to update your incorrect or incomplete information
- object to our processing of your personal information
- to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may affect your access to some of our Services.
You can view, review, and change most of your personal information by logging into your account in our Services and viewing our privacy controls in Tools and Services.
- (a) Give your consent.
We will ask for your consent to collect and use certain personal information during registration for our Services.
- (b) Access and accuracy of data.
You can always check all your personal information that you have provided to us, for example by contacting us or logging in to your user profile in the Partner Portal.
- (c) Update or modify data.
If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address) or if your personal information you previously provided is incorrect or incomplete, you can correct it from the profile page. your user profile in the Partner Portal at any time or by contacting us.
- (d) Erase or reset your data.
For Services that require registration, such as the Partner Portal, you may access user profiles within our Services to reset or delete your account at any time.
For Services that do not require registration, such as sales inquiries, you may contact us to remove or delete any of your personal information that you have previously provided.